Search This Site
- Jim Bell’s new book: Memories of Wokingham Town Hall 1947-2005
- The fateful meeting on Finchampstead Ridges, 1501.
- Welcome to Wokingham’s Halloween !
- The Old Forge on Peach Street
- The Great War: 1915 – Wokingham’s Volunteers go into battle.
- 1856: Cholera arrives in Wokingham
- Wokingham Remembers articles for The Wokingham Paper
Edited by Jim Bell. Articles and features which tells the true story of Wokingham's heritage.
Edited by Mike Churcher. These articles view the wars from slightly different angles. Click on the title 'Aspects of War' for a link to a series of revisionist lectures.
Many families can trace their roots back to the Old Wokingham. This is their amazing story.
Joshua Allerton provides a series of articles investigating the great changes which took place in Britain during the 20th century
We are slowly building up stories about Wokingham's involvement in World War Two.
Edited by Sarah Huxford. A series of practical guides for those researchers planning to visit the Battle grounds of France and Belgium.
Edited by Jim Bell. Cecil came to Wokingham in 1914 as a 4 year old and tells us about growing up in a small town.
Ken interviewed Cecil Culver (1910-2009) on his observations of Wokingham life thoughout the 20th century.